Wright Flood Claims Process: What Your Agent Wants You to Know
After a flood or disaster that damages your home, we know you want to get back to your everyday life quickly. The Wright Flood Claims teams (AM Best rating: A-) underst ands your situation and want to help you, your family, and your community recover as soon as possible.
We are here to help you get the claims process started and to prepare for your first meeting with an adjuster sent by the Wright Flood claims team.
Wright Flood (AM Best rating: A-) has been helping families recover for more than 30 years, and in that time, we’ve built up industry-leading experience that can help streamline the claims process and minimize damage to your property and your belongings.
Here are some of the top tips our veteran claims team shares with policyholders after a flooding disaster:
- Carefully read the policy to review the coverage you purchased.
- Prepare an inventory of the personal property that has been damaged and separate this from the undamaged personal property. Store in a protected area to prevent theft, not out in the open or in the yard. If trash is to be picked up by the local community, take photos of the damaged property and give them to the adjuster.
- Document your damaged building and personal property with photographs or video.
- Dry out the area as best as possible.
- If carpet has been covered with water, remove carpet and carpet pad. Keep a 2 square foot piece of the damaged carpet for the adjuster.
- Run air conditioning, dehumidifier and fans constantly. If A/C unit does not operate, contact HVAC technician for repair and evaluation.
- Disconnect computers and other appliances from electrical sources.
- Open cabinet doors and elevate furniture to allow air movement.
- Wash wet CD’s or LP records with warm water and dry with a soft cloth.
- Put wet books or photo albums on edge into a frost-free freezer to try to save them.
- Test drywall for moisture softness after flood water recedes. If soft, cut holes at base level to facilitate drying.
- Try to find purchase receipts, invoices, etc. for damaged property.
- Provide adjuster with documentation supporting completed repairs from prior flood claims
Remember, the claims team at Wright Flood (AM Best rating: A-) is here to help you and your family recover.
If you need to file a claim, please visit wrightflood.com to open your claim online, text the word CLAIM to 727-777-7066 to report your claim or call 1-800-725-9472 to start the process. Our experienced claims staff is dedicated to helping you and your family recover.